Monday 9 January 2017

2017 - One Week Down.

So with the first weeks training done, there is a long road to TP100. 110 days (at time of writing) until TP100. The biggest task being the need to be grandslam ready. There is no real room for progressive training beyond TP100. With recovery and taper there is perhaps a 2 to 3 week window for purposeful running. These periods are going to need to be about fine tuning. My view is that if you are chasing grandslam fitness beyond TP100 then you won't be finding it.

This first week has been great and with the second week just beginning, there is a long way to go. Strength work today and I think that is going to be key to success. The stronger I am then the better I will cope and the quicker I should recover. Beyond that a healthy diet (bye bye fast food and haribo) and plenty of rest. I currently get no where near enough sleep... must try harder.

So as week 2 begins the motivations high. Now to resist the office Christmas Junk food clear out.... salted caramel mince pie anyone?... seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment